Retirement is the time of life when you can relax, explore your interests, and enjoy the fruits of your labour. If you are looking to retire, there are many factors to consider, such as quality of life, affordability, availability of healthcare, and more.
While some retirees relocated to more affordable locations, others sought a comfortable lifestyle with milder weather, outdoor activities, and appealing surroundings.
So, here are the top 10 best states to retire according to the experts.
- Florida – Florida is the number one state to retire, according to the Motley Fool. The weather is warm, with plenty of beaches and golf courses. It offers a range of affordable homes and senior care facilities.
- West Virginia – West Virginia offers natural beauty and a range of affordable homes and senior care facilities. It has an excellent healthcare system, with 21% of the population over the age of 65.
- Maine – According to the Motley Fool, Maine is one of the best states to retire with high martial quality of life, safety, and healthcare. It has the highest percentage of old people, and retirees can find like-minded neighbours who enjoy the outdoors.
- Virginia – With no state income tax on Social Security and deductions for retirement income, Virginia is an excellent option for retirees seeking low taxes. It is home to coastal destinations, countryside, and large proximity to large cities and mountains.
- Colorado – Colorado offers beautiful scenery, with a wide range of outdoor activities and a diverse culture. However, it has a high cost of living, which could be a significant concern for retirees.
- Iowa – Iowa is an affordable state with low crime rates, high-quality healthcare, and a stable economy. The cost of living is below the national average, making it an ideal location for retirees.
- Wyoming – Wyoming is a tax-friendly state with no state income tax and low property taxes. It has a low cost of living, and the state’s natural beauty provides a wide range of outdoor activities.
- Pennsylvania – Pennsylvania is a state with many options for retirees, including affordable living, outdoor activities, and excellent healthcare facilities. It is home to a large retiree population, making it an ideal place to enjoy your golden years.
- Utah – Utah offers an affordable cost of living and a range of outdoor activities, such as hiking, skiing, and biking. It has a low crime rate and is home to a large retiree population.
- South Dakota – South Dakota is a tax-friendly state, with no state income tax and a low cost of living. It is home to beautiful scenery, making it an excellent location for outdoor enthusiasts.