Cracking a coding interview takes time, patience, and practice. In this article, We will discuss how to prepare for Amazon. Here’s what this article will cover:
- Preparation strategy for Amazon
- Amazon Interview Tips
- 10 Most Important Amazon Preparation Tactics
- Some common algorithm problems asked in Interviews at Amazon
Preparation strategy for Amazon
Develop problem-solving skills if you want to crack the coding interview. Also, Have a deep understanding of some of the projects you have done, especially the one you listed (in detail) on your resume.
At the very beginning, you should train yourself with basic computer science concepts, data structures and designing algorithms. Also, introduce yourself with Object-Oriented design. The next step is practice, practice, and practice. Update yourself with the latest Amazon Recruitment 2022 for Numerous Positions.
Amazon Interview Tips
Technical Topics to Review :
- Programming Languages
- Data Structures
- Object-Oriented Design
- Distributed Computing
- Operating Systems
Aware of the syntax of a language like Java, Python, C#, C/C++, or Ruby, you should be familiar with some of the language nuances.
Most of the work we do involves keeping and providing access to data-efficient ways. This necessitates a very strong background in data structures.
An algorithm is an integral part of any process so interviewers will ask you many questions related to the algorithm.
Expect to be asked to write syntactically correct code—no pseudo code. If you feel a bit rusty coding without an IDE or coding in a specific language, it’s probably a good idea to dust off the cobwebs and get comfortable coding with a pen and paper.
Object-oriented design has always been a critical part of the software engineering interview process. Most of the engineers struggle with object-oriented design interviews (OODI), partly because of their lack of experience in laying down the design of a complex system.
Systems at Amazon have to work under very strict tolerances at a high load. While we have some internal tools that help us with scaling, it’s important to have an understanding of a few basic distributed computing concepts.
The operating system is a software program that enables the computer hardware to communicate and operate with the computer software. It is the most important part of a computer system without it computer is just like a box.
10 Most Important Amazon Preparation Tactics
- Concentrate on the Important Stuff
- Build Your Problem-solving Skills
- Practice at Least Three Problems a Day
- Breadth-First, Instead of Depth-First
- Don’t Neglect Behavioral Interviews
- Practice Mock Interviews
- Enrol for the Right Course/Coding Bootcamp
- Highlight Important Past Projects
- Optimizing Your Profile
- Stay Motivated Throughout Your Journey
Some common algorithm problems asked in Interviews at Amazon
- Save all leaf nodes of a Binary tree in a Doubly Linked List by using Right node as Next node and Left Node as Previous Node.
- Given an array,find the maximum j – i such that arr[j] > arr[i]
- Find all nodes at k-distance from a given node in a binary tree
- Clone a linked list with next and random pointer
- Serialise and Deserialise a linked list with next and random pointer.
- Construct a binary tree from given in order and preorder traversals.
- Return a tree such that each internal node stores sum of all its child nodes. Each leaf node stores zero.
You can’t start cramming by solving coding problems the week or just the night before the real interview. Coding interviews are a skill that every programmer must work on routinely to stay relevant. Dedicating time every day or at least several days a week in your normal routine is going to make a massive difference when preparing for technical interviews.
Hope you have taken your notes on how to prepare for amazon. Good luck with your exam or interview. Stay connected for more informative articles at sycobrain.com