Open For All
Google Summer of Code 2022 Program Announced. Google Summer of Code is a global, online program focused on bringing new contributors into open source software development.
About Google Summer of Code 2022
Google Summer of Code is a global, online mentoring program focused on introducing new contributors to open source software development. GSoC contributors work on a 12+ week programming project with the guidance of mentors from their open-source organization.
During Google Summer of Code, participating contributors are paired with mentors from open source organizations, gaining exposure to real-world software development techniques. Contributors will learn from experienced open source developers while writing code for real-world projects! A small stipend will provide by mentors as an incentive.
- April 4 – 18:00 UTC: GSoC contributor application period begins
- April 19 – 18:00 UTC: GSoC contributor application deadline
- May 12 – 18:00 UTC: GSoC contributor slot requests due from Org Admins
- 20th May – 18:00 UTC: Accepted GSoC contributor projects announced
- May 20 – June 12: Community Bonding Period | GSoC contributors get to know mentors, read documentation, get up to speed to begin working on their projects
- June 13: Coding officially begins!
- July 25 – 18:00 UTC: Mentors and GSoC contributors can begin submitting Phase 1 evaluations
- 29th July – 18:00 UTC: Phase 1 Evaluation deadline (standard coding period)
- July 25 – September 4: Work Period | GSoC contributors work on their project with guidance from Mentors
- September 5 – September 12 – 18:00 UTC Final week: GSoC contributors submit their final work product and their final mentor evaluation (standard coding period)
- 12th – 19th September – 18:00 UTC: Mentors submit final GSoC contributor evaluations (standard coding period)
- September 20: Initial results of Google Summer of Code 2022 announced
- September 12 – November 13: GSoC contributors with extended timelines continue coding
- November 21 – 18:00 UTC: Final date for all GSoC contributors to submit their final work product
- November 28 – 18:00 UTC: Final date for mentors to submit evaluations for GSoC contributor projects with extended deadlines.
Registration Link Of Customer Support Job ⇓
Check Our Social Media For More Updates
Benefits for deaf people in Gsoc
The student will get to understand the working of an industry in just 3 months. The student’s software development talents will be improved during this time.
GSoC course kya h?
Google समर ऑफ कोड एक वैश्विक, ऑनलाइन कार्यक्रम है जो नया योगदान लाने पर केंद्रित है
I’m a diploma holder can I do Gsoc
Yes, you can apply for the Google Summer of Code program, i.e., It doesn’t matter if you are in the first year of undergraduate studies or a PhD student. It is open to all students & graduates so anyone can participate.
Are there short term projects in Gsoc And what if we complete the project a month earlier?
Organizations have scoped projects based on the total expected time to complete a project. Medium size projects should take about 175 hours to complete while large projects should take about 350 hours to complete.
Do we have to apply for a visa passport if we want to participate in Google Summer of Code?
Google Summer of Code is a global, online program So you don’t need a visa passport to participate.
Which is the best semester in BTECH or year to do Gsoc?
It doesn’t matter if you are in the first semester of BTech or a Last.
Do mathematics and computing students get selected for Gsoc or Google internships?
It’s all about the amount of effort you put into open-source coding. If you are ready to sacrifice academics to some extent and are motivated enough to do the tough work, it won’t be as difficult as you might think.
kitne pese lagege gsoc karne mein student ke?
GSoC is a free program. You don’t have to pay any money.
How many students have been selected for GSoC
1,115 students were admitted. A total of 595 various universities participated in the program, 160 of which were fresh to the program.