Improving English isn’t rocket science you just need regular practice on daily basis with a lot of focus. No matter what English skill(s) you want to improve, be sure to listen and read in English every day. So here are some easy tricks to enhance English.
1. Living English 24*7
Day to Night, 7 days a week or maybe in your dreams uses of English in your daily routine will help you to enhance your English skills. It is a very straightforward but most practical trick to enhance English. Dedicate all of your time to learning English or improving English because the rest of the things can wait.
2. You should read books or novels to enhance your English
Reading is one of the best ways to practice English. It’s fun, relaxing and helps you improve your comprehension skills and vocabulary.
Books you should read to improve your English
1. One Day, by David Nicholls
2. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
3. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
4. Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi
5. Wonder by R. J. Palacio
Novels you should read to improve your English
1. The Wind in the Willows – Kenneth Grahame
2. Fantastic Mr Fox – Roald Dahl
3. Tuesdays with Morrie – Mitch Albom
4. High Fidelity – Nick Hornby
5. The Giver – Lois Lowry
3. Watch Movies With English Subtitles
It’s a fun way to enhance English skills and it will help you to improve your grammar and sentence understanding.
Short Films Which Are Great for Your English Conversation Skills.
1. Welcome to My Daily Life | Cartoon Network Studios Shorts
2. The Fancy Gentleman | A Mickey Mouse Cartoon | Disney Shorts
3. OTHERHALF | Short film was written and directed by Ben West
4. Snake Bite
5. Text Me – An Award-Winning Short
4. Learn English Through Songs and Music
Music is the greatest communication in the world. Even if people don’t understand the language that you’re singing in, they still know good music when they hear it.
Few different must-dos for learning English through music
1. Choose your songs wisely.
2. Stick to an effective genre.
3. Look up the lyrics.
5. Listen and learn on the go.
5. Don’t Be Obsessed with Grammar Rules
The more you study grammar rules, the more chaotic you get. You’ll never be able to communicate or write English inherently by studying grammar.
Your brain is powerful. It can detect/learn grammar rules automatically without your conscious awareness. You just have to expose yourself to a lot of correct input (through reading and listening). Most of the time, you will be understood if your grammar isn’t perfect! Aim to be understandable, and after a while, grammatical rules will start to sink in naturally.
6. Play word games to enhance English
Great way to practise your vocabulary and also learn new vocabulary in a fun way.
Fun Games To Improve or Enhance English
3. Two truths and a lie
4. Don’t forget the
5. 20 Questions
7. Always practice new words that are difficult
Any new words that you find difficult to say practise saying the word aloud till you get it right.
Some Most difficult English words
8. Use a dictionary
A good dictionary is a must when you learning and understanding new words. Try and study 30 words a week.
9. Plan a trip an ENGLISH-SPEAKING COUNTRY
Take a trip to a place where English is the primary language. Don’t be afraid to start conversations in public places with passersby. This is an excellent way to gain real experience and start putting your knowledge to the test. Don’t worry about making a mistake, the most important thing is to gain experience and try!